Finish a Winner Contest
Open to legal residents of British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba and Saskatchewan only
- Contest Period: The Finish a Winner Contest (the “Contest”) begins at 9:00:00 AM. Mountain Time (“MT”) on June 1, 2019 and ends at 11:59:59 PM MT on November 30, 2019 (the “Contest Period”). By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules. Entrants further agree to abide by and be bound by all decisions of Saint-Gobain Corporation (the “Sponsor”), which shall be final and binding, without right of appeal, in all matters relating to this Contest and the awarding of the prize(s), including without limitation eligibility and/or disqualification of entries.
- Eligibility: To enter and be eligible for a prize (see rule 5) (each, an “Entrant”): (i) an individual entrant must, at the time of entry, be a legal resident of British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba or Saskatchewan (“Participating Provinces”) who has reached the age of majority in his/her province of residence, pay with cash, credit card, debit or cheque, and in the event that an individual’s entry is provided in connection with a purchase made on behalf of his or her employer, the individual entrant must have permission from his or her employer to enter the Contest, and (ii) an entrant that is a legal person must be organized in Canada and doing business in one of the Participating Provinces, and the individual entering on behalf of the legal person must pay via the associated Kenroc commercial account and have authority to bind that entrant. Specifically excluded from entering into the Contest are: (i) employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives of the Sponsor, its advertising and promotional agencies and each of their respective subsidiaries and affiliates (the “Contest Parties”); and (ii) a member of any Contest Parties immediate family (regardless of where they live) or persons with whom they are domiciled (whether related to the person or not). In these Official Rules, “immediate family” includes mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, partner or spouse.
How to Enter: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Enter the Contest, between June 1, 2019 and November 30, 2019 (the "Entry Period"). A Spin Credit (defined below) and Grand Prize Draw entry, with or without purchase, can be received in one of the following ways:
- In-store: Between June 1, 2019 and October 31, 2019 (the “Purchase Period”), purchase a minimum of $200.00 (CDN) of participating product(s) (the “Participating Product”) (before tax) at a participating Kenroc Building Materials Co. Ltd. Store (the “Participating Store”) (see rule 12 for Participating Stores and Participating Products) via cash, credit card, debit or cheque. Upon doing so, the in-store representative will ask for your email address where you will be emailed one (1) unique code (the “Spin Credit”) for every $200.00 (CDN) of Product purchased (before tax) and information regarding the Contest. You will also be automatically entered into the Grand Prize Draw (see rule 6). For example, if you purchase $1,000.00 (CDN) worth of Product (before tax), you will receive five (5) Spin Credits and five (5) entries into the Grand Prize Draw.
- Commercial Accounts with a monthly Product purchase history of less than $3000: Existing Kenroc commercial Entrants who purchase less than $3000.00 (CDN) of Product via the associated Kenroc commercial account for every month of the Purchase Period (see rule 4i) will be emailed throughout the Entry Period (see rule 3i), one (1) Spin Credit for every $200.00 (CDN) of Product purchased (before tax) over the phone or in-store at a participating Kenroc Building Materials Co. Ltd. (see rule 11 for participating stores) and be automatically entered into the Grand Prize Draw. For example, if you purchase $1,000.00 (CDN) worth of Product (before tax), you will receive five (5) Spin Credits and five (5) entries into the Grand Prize Draw for that commercial Entrant.
- Commercial Accounts with a monthly Product purchase history of $3000 or more: Existing Kenroc commercial Entrants who purchase $3000.00 or more (CDN) of Product via the associated Kenroc commercial account for every month of the Purchase Period (see rule 4i) will be emailed throughout the Entry Period (see rule 3i), one (1) Spin Credit for every $200.00 (CDN) of Product purchased (before tax) over the phone or in-store at a participating Kenroc Building Materials Co. Ltd. (see rule 11 for participating stores) and be automatically entered into the Grand Prize Draw. For example, if you purchase $1,000.00 (CDN) worth of Product (before tax), you will receive five (5) Spin Credits and five (5) entries into the Grand Prize Draw for that commercial Entrant.
- Mail-In: To obtain one (1) Spin Credit, and one (1) entry into the Grand Prize Draw, without making a purchase, on a plain piece of paper, legibly hand-print your full name, complete mailing address (including postal code), daytime telephone number (including area code), a valid e-mail address, write a 50 word essay on ”Why Kenroc Building Materials Co. Ltd is my preferred store” and include the statement “I am of the age of majority in my province of residence and comply with the Official Rules” and mail to: The Finish a Winner Contest, Dept. 4039 (No Purchase Entry), BOX 9500 Lakeshore West PO, Oakville, ON L6K 0G4. Limit of one (1) mail-in entry per stamped mailing envelope. There is no limit to the number of mail-in entries that an Entrant can submit, as long as each mail-in entry is mailed in a separate outer envelope, bearing sufficient postage, and post marked within the Purchase Period to allow sufficient time to receive one (1) Spin Credit and one (1) Grand Prize Draw entry, per mail-in entry by email and participate in the Contest.
- How to Use Spin Credits: Enter the Spin Credit code (see rule 3 on how to receive a Spin Credit) in the field provided in the email and confirm compliance with the Official Rules by checking the appropriate box. Upon doing so, click “Spin” or space bar depending on device being used. Upon Spinning, if you are deemed a potential winner of a Spin Prize, a notification will appear describing the Prize you are eligible to receive (the “Congratulations Notification”) (the Spin Prizes are set out in rule 5 below) and you will be asked to correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question to be confirmed a winner. If you have been selected for a Spin Prize, but you do not correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question, you will not be confirmed a winner and the Spin Prize will go un-awarded. If you are not deemed a potential winner of a Spin Prize, a “Sorry, please try again” notification (the “Sorry Notification”) will appear on screen informing you that you are not a potential winner of a Spin Prize. Spin Credits must be used on or before 11:59:59 PM MT on November 30, 2019 (the “Contest Closing Date”). In the event it is determined that an Entrant has entered in a fashion not sanctioned by these Official Rules the Entrant will be disqualified and all of the entries allocated to the Entrant will be removed. Any attempt by any Entrant to enter the Contest by using multiple/different names, email addresses, identities, or any other methods will void all that person’s entries and eligibility to win a prize and he/she will be disqualified from the Contest.
PRIZES: There is one (1) grand prize (the “Grand Prize”) and one thousand and twenty four (1024) Spin prizes (“Spin Prizes”) (“collectively referred to as “Prizes”) available to be won and are as follows:
There are one thousand and twenty four (1024) Spin Prizes available to be won:
Pool A – In-Store purchases and Commercial Accounts with a Monthly Purchase History of less than $3000
Pool A Spin Prizes # available to be won Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each COB Magnetic work light with torch & stand 335 $10.00 Spartan Sports Bag 160 $20.00 True Wireless Earbuds 55 $50.00
Pool B- Commercial Accounts with a Monthly Purchase History of $3000 or more
Pool B Spin Prizes # available to be won Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each True Wireless Earbuds 300 $50.00 Ifidelity Optimus Bluetooth Headphones 149 $100.00 SmartWatch 25 $500.00
If due to printing, production, online, internet, computer or other error of any kind, more Spin Prizes are claimed than intended to be awarded according to these Official Rules, or in the event that due to such an error, a valid Spin Prize claim is revealed, making the number of valid Spin Prize claims greater than the number of Spin Prizes available under these Official Rules, a random draw will be held after the Contest Closing Date from amongst all eligible Spin Prize claimants to award the remaining number of advertised Spin Prizes. In no event will the Sponsor be liable for more than the stated number of Spin Prizes in these Official Rules.
There is one (1) Grand Prize available to be won, consisting of either:
- $10,000 to be awarded in the form of a cheque or
- One (1) trip for two (2) people (the winner (the “Grand Prize Winner”) and one (1) travel guest (the “Travel Guest:”)) to Las Vegas, Nevada (the “Destination”), which includes:
- Three (3) nights’ accommodation based on double occupancy in a 5-star hotel selected by the Sponsor
- Return economy airfare for the winner and the Travel Guest from the major Canadian airport nearest the winner’s residence to Las Vegas, NV on an airline selected by the Sponsor
- Transfers to/from the McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas, NV and the selected hotel in Las Vegas, NV
- Two (2) tickets to a show of Sponsor’s choosing (the “Show”) (seating locations as determined by the Sponsor in their sole discretion) and
- Food and beverage allowance of one thousand five hundred dollars ($1,500.00) (CDN) awarded in the form of a cheque.
Travel Grand Prize Conditions: The ARV of the travel Grand Prize is $10,000.00 (CDN) based on a Vancouver departure. Actual value may vary based on airfare fluctuations, the city of departure and distance between departure and Destination. Any difference between such ARV and the actual value of the Grand Prize as taken will not be awarded. The winner is responsible for all federal, provincial/territorial and local taxes on the Grand Prize and costs and expenses not specifically listed above relative to the acceptance and use of the Grand Prize including, without limitation, taxes, surcharges, service charges, meals, food, beverages, insurance, valid travel documentation, passports, transfers/transportation to and from the airports, car rentals, medical/health expenses, gratuities, excess baggage fees, communication charges, and all personal expenses and incidentals. The Travel Guest must have reached the age of majority prior to signing the Release Form (see rule 7ii) in order to accompany the Grand Prize Winner as his/her Travel Guest. Travel must be completed by December 31, 2020 and booking is subject to availability of flights and hotel accommodation, blackout periods (including Christmas, Easter, March Break, Spring Break and all Canadian and US Statutory Holidays), government restrictions and regulations, hotel, airline, airport and other transportation restrictions and regulations. The Grand Prize Winner and his/her Travel Guest must travel on the same itinerary, have valid passports/visas (with the term "valid" being defined as what is valid under Canadian, United States and foreign laws) at the time of departure from Canada including up to and including the time of return to Canada. In the event, for any reason, the Grand Prize Winner does not have a valid passport/visa at the time of departure, neither the Grand Prize Winner nor his/her Travel Guest may travel and the Grand Prize will be forfeited in its entirety and nothing will be substituted in its place. If at the time of departure the Grand Prize Winner does have a valid passport/visa but his/her Travel Guest does not have a valid passport/visa, the Grand Prize Winner may travel, though the Grand Prize Winner may not choose a new Travel Guest. There are no deviations to travel allowed. The travel Grand Prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be sold or transferred and is not convertible to cash. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute the Grand Prize in whole or in part with another prize or prize component of equal or greater value in the event that all or any component of the Grand Prize is unavailable, or for any other reason. Only one (1) Grand Prize will be awarded.
- Spin Prizes in Pool A & Pool B: Each selected Entrant of a Spin Prize will be immediately notified if he/she has been selected as a potential winner of a Spin Prize once the Spin Credit is used. Odds of winning a Spin Prize in Pool A or Pool B depends on the time a seeded Spin Prize becomes available and having correctly answered the mathematical skill-testing question (see rule 3).
- Grand Prize Draw: A random draw for the Grand Prize will take place at the office of Promotion Solutions (the “Independent Contest Organization”) in Oakville, ON at approximately 10:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on December 10, 2019 (the “Grand Prize Draw Date”) from among all eligible non-winning and winning entries received during the Contest Period. Odds of being selected for the Grand Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period.
The selected Entrant of the Grand Prize will be contacted by email or telephone within five (5) business days of the Grand Prize Draw Date. If the selected Entrant of the Grand Prize (a) cannot be reached by email or telephone within five (5) business days of the Grand Prize Draw Date or (b) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question (see rule 7ii), then he/she will be disqualified and another entrant will be randomly selected until such time as contact is made by email or telephone with an entrant (who would then be a selected Entrant) or there are no more eligible entries, whichever comes first. The Sponsor will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a selected Grand Prize Entrant.
Selected Entrant Verification and Prize Claim Conditions:
- Spin Prizes in Pool A and Pool B: To be declared a winner of a Spin Prize the selected Entrant must: (i) have correctly answered without assistance of any kind the mathematical skill-testing question at the time of entry and (ii) if applicable, sign and return within five (5) business days of notification the Release Form, which (among other things): (a) confirms compliance with these Official Rules including eligibility requirements; (b) acknowledges acceptance of the prize as awarded; (c) releases the Contest Parties and each of their respective agents and associated companies and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, the selected Entrant’s participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the prize or any portion thereof; and (d) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of the selected Entrant’s name, address, voice, statements about the Contest, photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by the Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast and the internet. Entrants who have made an in-store purchase and are declared winners of a prize must return to the store to receive their Prize. Commercial Entrants will receive their Prize through their Kenroc representative.
- Grand Prize: To be declared the Grand Prize winner, the selected Entrant must: (i) answer correctly, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a mathematical skill-testing question (ii) sign and return within five (5) business days of notification the Release Form, which (among other things): (a) confirms compliance with these Official Rules including eligibility requirements; (b) acknowledges acceptance of the Grand Prize as awarded; (c) releases the Releasees from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, the selected Entrant’s participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof; and (d) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of the selected Entrant’s name, address, voice, statements about the Contest, photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by the Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast and the internet. The Grand Prize will be coordinated with the winner by the Independent Contest Organization within four (4) to six (6) weeks of receipt and verification of his/her Release Form (and subject to compliance with all other condition and requirements provided in these Official Rules). The Travel Guest must also complete and return a properly-executed travel guest Release Form within the time specified by the Independent Contest Organization.
- Right to Void / Terminate / Suspend / Modify: The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, suspend or modify this Contest, in whole or in part, at any time and without notice or obligation if, in the Sponsor's sole discretion, any factor interferes with its proper conduct as contemplated by these Official Rules. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, if the Contest, or any part thereof, is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including but not limited to tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or technical failures, which, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion and void any suspect entries and: (a) terminate the Contest, or any portion thereof; (b) modify or suspend the Contest, or any portion thereof, to address the impairment and then resume the Contest, or relevant portion, in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; and/or (c) award the prizes from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment in accordance with the winner selection criteria discussed above. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process, the operation of the Contest, violates the Official Rules, or acts with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
- Limitation of Liability and Releases: BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE SPONSOR, THE INDEPENDENT CONTEST ORGANIZATION AND THE CONTEST PARTIES HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES) TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY RESULTING FROM THE CONTEST, INCLUDING THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF THE PRIZE. FURTHER, BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT SPONSOR, THE INDEPENDENT CONTEST ORGANIZATION AND THE CONTEST PARTIES HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES) TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY RESULTING FROM: A) ENTRY OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR B) ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PERSONALITY OR PRIVACY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, or other exclusions therefore such exclusions may not apply to you.
Without limiting the foregoing, Sponsor, the independent contest organization and the Contest Parties, and any of Sponsor's other suppliers or contractors, shall not be responsible for: (a) any incomplete or inaccurate information that is caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Contest; (b) lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, service provider, on-line systems, telephone networks or telephone lines, or any other connections; (c) the theft, destruction, loss or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (d) any problems with, or malfunctions or failures of, telephone networks or lines, computers or computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, viruses or bugs; (e) garbled transmissions or miscommunications; (f) failure of any communication to be received by or from the independent contest organization or Sponsor for any reason; (g) printing, distribution, programming or production errors, and any other errors or malfunctions of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic or otherwise; or (h) technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
- General Conditions: All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned and no correspondence will be made with or entered into except with selected Entrant(s). By participating in the Contest, each Entrant agrees that Sponsor, the Independent Contest Organization and the Contest Parties have not made, with respect to each of their own products/services provided as a prize or part thereof (if applicable), any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to the prize and specifically disclaim all such warranties, including without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Winning a prize is contingent on fulfilling all the requirements set forth herein. Mass entries, entries submitted by third parties, and any entries or prize claims that are late, incomplete, fraudulent, illegible, unidentified or delayed will be void. All entries and prize claims are subject to verification. Proof of entry does not constitute proof of receipt.
Entrants agree to abide by these Official Rules. Decisions of Sponsor and/or the independent contest organization will be final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Contest. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited. Sponsor reserves the right to correct any typographical, printing, computer programming or operator errors. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision of the Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, then the Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein. Should a winner make any false statement(s) in any document referenced above, the winner may be required to promptly return to Sponsor his/her prize, or the cash value thereof. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill as it deems appropriate or necessary to comply with applicable law. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAYBE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
By entering the Contest, each Entrant agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by the Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the Internet. All entries become the property of the Sponsor.
Participating Stores and Participating Products:
- Participating Kenroc Building Materials Co. Ltd Stores:
Address City Prov Postal phone 560 Raymur Avenue Vancouver BC V6A 3L2 (604) 215-1152 2401 United Blvd, Coquitlam BC V3K 5Y3 (604) 552-3377 45840 Rowat Avenue Chilliwack BC V2P 1J3 (604) 792-8637 1210 Chief Louis Way Kamloops BC V2H 1J8 (250) 374-1006 860 McCurdy Road Kelowna BC V1X 2P7 (250) 807-2555 1975 Robertson Road Prince George BC V2N 1X7 (250) 562-7145 2023 Millstream Road Victoria BC V9B 6E2 (250) 800-1662 1205 38th Avenue NE Calgary AB T2E 6M2 (403) 276-2262 16850 - 109th Avenue Edmonton AB T5P 4Y8 (780) 452-8930 1650 Broadway Ave SE Redcliff AB T0J 2P0 (403) 548-3965 180 - 8319 Chiles Industrial Ave Red Deer AB T4P 1H2 (403) 309-4667 270A MacLennan Crescent Fort McMurray AB T9H 4G1 (780) 715-2375 950 Bower Crescent Regina SK S4N 7E4 (306) 525-5613 915 60th Street East Saskatoon SK S7K 3R4 (306) 933-1233 1820 Selkirk Avenue Winnipeg MB R2R 0N6 (204) 694-0259
- Participating Products
LITE ALL-PURPOSE Joint Compound, 17 L Carton (640018) LITE TAPING Joint Compound, 17L Carton (640019) LITE FINISHING Joint Compound, 17L Carton (640044) LITE TOPPING Joint Compound, 17L Carton (640536) LITE ALL-PURPOSE Joint Compound, 18L Pail (639981) LITE TAPING Joint Compound, 18L Pail (640016) LITE FINISHING Joint Compound, 18L Pail (640017) Level V Primer/Surfacer with M2Tech 18.9L Pail (405374) Ready Tex Spray-Lite Texture (640045) NO-COAT® Corner Beads – Various AQUABEAD® Water Activated Corner Beads – Various